OMG Charmaine and I got mugged last night! Though we only lost $20 each it was freaking scary! This is what happened...
We left her place on A'Beckett St after Nic cooked some pasta for dinner and we sat around chatting. Nic and us split paths at the traffic light, he turned right on Elizabeth and we continued on A'Beckett.
Some 80m down a considerably dimly lit area, we heard something us and turned around to see some hooded guy walking uphill behind us. Not thinking much of it, we just sped up our pace a little. He was walking pretty quickly so he over took us. A few steps ahead, he stopped, turned around and said, "Excuse me," so we stopped.
The next thing I knew, he grabbed my jacket and had a pen knife out with the blade drawn at me and said, "Give me all your money.". I'm not quite sure what I was thinking but all I remembered was registering the blade and thinking, "Okay. He's got a knife - GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS!" My hands were up and I was like, "Please don't hurt us. This is all I've got." and handed him the $20.
Then he turned to Charmaine and said the same and she started with the coins but he pointed to the notes compartment and said, "No, that one. Hurry up!". Then he took her $20 and went back towards Elizabeth St. We were so shocked and couldn't move but he yelled for us to get going and I said, "Okay, okay!" and we were off.
When we turned off onto Swanston, we called Nic and he called us back a minute later saying he saw the guy on the same tram as him. We walked towards the police station and reported the case then got a lift home at almost 1am.To think the day actually started off normal!
6:10 PM